Monday, October 15, 2007

Week 6 Emerging Technologies

The weeks have flown by very fast. My grandmother is extremely ill so I have been trying to juggle my time between work, the nursing home, and my school work. I have not done such a great job but I am getting caught up.
This week we focused on podcasting and screencasting. I still find podcasting to be an interesting subject as well as ways to use it in the classroom. I am trying to create a podcast with video of my lessons for students to access while at home. I found that it would help struggling students- I have 5 in grades 6 through 8. I am trying to podcast on a PC and finding it difficult. I took a class at FETC last year on podcasting which focused on a MAC- man it was really easy. I am looking to add a MACbook to my collection of computers at home. I guess I really am a GEEK.
Screencasting is another way that I can publish my lessons for students to review at home. I am going to try Camstudio which was posted in discussions by another student. This can be reviewed at home by the parents of my struggling students so that their parents can help them at home. Some of my parents are struggling with technology as well.
I am hoping that this week is a better week for me so that I can finally get caught up and finish producing a podcast as well as a screen cast. I am going to use screen cast for Chapter 2 in the excel book for grade 6.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I hope your grandmother is doing better. I have also had a week full of Mondays! Maybe we all are due for some smoother sailing soon.
Meredith