Sunday, September 23, 2007

Week 3 In Review

Week 3 readings were very interesting. I found the information on Computer Based Traing and Web Based Education to spark my interest. I did find myself looking at the computer programs that are being utilized in my school and trying to figure where each fits. This year Accelerated Math has been added for the Third Grade. Based on the this week, Accelerated Math could be considered computer based Training. It is drill and kill but it does have a pretest and practice before a test to make sure that students have mastered the material.
Web Based Education is something I use on a regular basis. This form of education is currently not used much in my Diocese. There seems to be a block in the mentality of teachers as to how to effectively utilize this type of teaching.
Week 3 activities
I have found myself using messanger more than ever. I have had chats with multiple people and single chats. I have tried to use whiteboard and ran into problems with the program. I have not been able to chat with Dr. Green and I think this is due to the time difference.

4 comments:

Shane said...

Hi Ruth! I did not have any positive experience with the white board either. I was hoping to experiment with it more after a few repeated attempts with a few classmates. I may have a firewall issue. It certainly was an entertaining week though using Messenger.

I think the time difference is worth noting, as I have not been able to chat with Dr. Green synchronously using Messenger either. I am East coast where he is West coast. Cheers!

Al'sBlog said...

Hello Ruth,

I use web-based tutorials with the students I tutor in addition to a web-based computer adaptive diagnostic assessment. I want to use some sort of web based training for the teachers that tutor for me on the topic of delivering assessments and completing an individual learning plan for the assessed students. I haven't gotten a chance yet to use my camera, butI have to find classmates that have the camera set up on their computers.

Al

lekanquadri said...

Hello Ruth,
I enjoy reading your post. Computer based training and Web based Education are effective tools that can be used to train individual without disrupting others need, example is our Doctoral program.
Reflecting to all our discussion on CBT/WBT pro and cons the most significant is that it’s the training using multimedia and interactive to different organization. The other advantage of CBT provides interactive self paced instruction, automate the measurement of student performance, and can provide feedback and remedial instruction within the program. What I like most is that it does not require travel, minimizing scheduling constraints, and relative inexpensive.

Meredith said...

Ruth,
I think Dr. Green must be a "night owl" on the west coast! I can't catch him either!
Meredith